If your customer legally changes their name, we'll need to update the name in Sila databases as well. Likewise, in some cases a potential customer can fail ID verification due to their name. The following is a list of documents we can accept to verify or update your user's name.
A clear photo of one of the following documents:
- A current driver's license (front and back)
- A current driver's permit with a photo (front and back)
- A current state photo ID card (front and back)
Please note: we're not able to accept temporary IDs
- A current, signed U.S. passport or a U.S. passport card (first and second page of passport, or front and back of card)
- A marriage license or divorce decree (this must have your new legal name printed by the state, and it must show that a name change occurred)
- A court order for the name change
- A Social Security card (front and back)
- An IRS form W-2
To add a former name, users can send us a birth certificate or a court order for the name change.
- We can only accept clear color photos; we cannot accept scans.
- We need to see all four corners of the document, and the name you are verifying must be clearly visible.
Updated about a year ago