Within the response body of
/link_account you may see the error message:
"Bank account linked, but in a frozen state. Requires manual review - contact support to unfreeze this bank account."
When this happens it is a sign that the Fuzzy Name Match Algorithm was triggered.
To confirm that it was the Fuzzy Name Match Algorithm that froze the account you will need to make a call
/get_accounts where you'll see the following meta for the linked account:
"account_owner_name": "Test User"
"entity_name": "Test User".
The account owner name is the name on the account provided by Plaid, or MX while the entity name is the name of the person or business as provided to Sila through your request to
These two names need to closely match otherwise the account will not be useable.
If the match score is less than 0.73, the account will be frozen and not useable.
- Call /get_accounts
- Confirm that the account match score is less than 0.73
- Confirm that the "account_owner_name" and the "entity_name" do not match
- Have the End User upload proof they own the account or proof that they changed their name to the
See the Name Verification docs for acceptable documents
- Once the End User has uploaded acceptable documents reach out to Support via your Slack channel. You must provide the following information:
/link_accounterror message: "Bank account linked, but in a frozen state. Requires manual review - contact support to unfreeze this bank account."
- the response from
/get_accountsshowing a match score of less than 0.73, "account_owner_name" and the "entity_name".
- Support will then verify the documents.
- If account ownership is verifiable with the provided documents Support will file a ticket to have the account unfrozen and notify you via your Slack channel.
- If account ownership is NOT verifiable with the provided documents Support will not be able to unfreeze the account. You will be notified via your Slack channel and the End User will need to choose to link a different account.
Updated about 2 months ago