When issuing a transaction, its status will be in one of these states:
Queued: Processing has not begun. Transactions don't stay in this state for long in production.
Pending: Transaction is still processing. It hasn't failed any critical steps yet.
Pending Confirmation: Transaction is processed, but it has not been confirmed.
Failed: Transaction is in a final failure state. There are no steps to roll back.
Success: Transaction has completed all steps successfully.
Rollback: Transaction has encountered a failure in one of its steps and must roll back changes.
Reversed: Transaction is reversed.
Review: Transaction requires manual intervention. This often indicates failure, but occasionally this can happen for a transaction that will be successful.
The normal flow of statuses during an issue transaction:
1. An ACH debit transaction of a user's linked bank account is ready to be initiated in order to issue SILA tokens to the blockchain address belonging to the requested handle. The ACH debit transaction has yet to begin.
2. While the transaction is pending, it has not failed any critical steps, and the process is still in progress. SILA tokens will either be successfully issued to the requested handle's blockchain address or the issue will fail, resulting in no SILA tokens. Timing until the next stage is dependent on processing speed (SAME-DAY or STANDARD). See here for more details.
3. The ACH debit transaction has successfully cleared, and SILA tokens are pending issue to the handle's blockchain address. If the issue is successful, the user should see the requested amount of SILA tokens within their digital wallet. If the issue fails, the debit transaction will need to be rolled back.
4. If for some reason the transaction must be returned, all changes will be rolled back. This rollback will either be successful, returning the USD back into the linked bank account, or it will fail and need to be manually reviewed. The manual review can result in a successful return, or it will deem it unsuccessful and SILA tokens will remain in the handle's blockchain address.
5. The issue of SILA tokens has failed, the original debit transaction will need to be rolled back. The rollback will either be successful, returning the USD back into the linked bank account, or it will fail and need to be manually reviewed. The manual review can result in a successful rollback of the USD into the linked bank account or a successful issue of SILA tokens.
Updated 6 months ago